MRL - TRACTION ELEVATORS:
Machine-room-less elevators include machinery and equipment into the hoistway or closets, doing away the need for a separate machine room. Designed for buildings between two and 30 stories, this system employs a smaller sheave than conventional geared and gearless elevators. The reduced sheave size, together with a redesigned machine, allows the machine to be mounted within the hoistway itself—eliminating the need for a bulky machine room on the roof. The machine–room-less elevator is the result of technological advancements that often allow a significant reduction in the size of the electric motors used with traction equipment. These newly designed permanent magnet motors (PMM) allow the manufacturers to locate the machines in the hoistway overhead, thus eliminating the need for a machine room over the hoistway. This design has been utilized outside the USA for at least 15 years and is becoming the standard product for low to low-mid rise buildings. Machine-roomless elevators are ideal for a variety of applications.
Benefits of the MRL Elevator :
Using MRL elevator saves a significant amount of energy (estimated at 70-80%) The power feeders for the MRL are also significantly reduced due to the more efficient design and the counter-balancing provided with traction equipment.
The MRL elevator utilizes a gearless traction type machine, which results in superior performance and ride quality compared with hydraulic elevators. MRL’s can also operate at faster speeds thus increasing the perception of quality over a conventional elevator.
ADVANTAGES at a Glance :
- Gearless permanent magnet machine.
- Low top overrun.
- 1 m/s to 1.6m/s speed range.
- 10 to 16 passenger load range (680 - 1088kg)
- Smooth ride (first class roller shoe suspension).
- Cabin finishes to choice.
- Versatile landing and car door configurations.
- Fast installation methods and times.
- No machine room, No ventilation problems, No vision windows etc
- 1:1 roping system A solid feel in the cabin.
- Earthquake friendly with jigged guiding.
- Shallow pits etc.
- Small control cabinet on upper level.
- 180 starts per hour.
- Time and Money-Saving Benefits-Long life cycle, Low running cost, Easy installation and service Cost-efficient elevator application.
- Totally integrated system for greater reliability